PC Shuts down when playing games

Apr 11, 2019
Hi i need information about why this happens, I can play games like Roblox, Minecraft, League of Legends, and Team Fortress 2
but my pc shuts down when i play games such as Grand Theft Auto V, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, and Garry's Mod.

There are no "Shutting down" screens or anything, the monitor and the pc just instantly shuts down like it stopped working.

I basically can't play some games that take alot of memory but the ones that i listed down that i said i couldn't play were running fine in my computer 6 months ago without any shut down issues.

My dad says it could be my PSU but i don't really know if its just a overheating problem or something much worse.

Specs :
CPU - AMD A8-5600K
GPU - AMD Radeon HD 7560D (replacing with a GTX 750ti soon)
Memory - 4gb ddr3 Ram
Mobo - msi FM2-A55M-E33

Last edited:

mtracy1991

Prominent
Nov 6, 2018
In my experience, that happened because my CPU was overheating. Run HWInfo64 and watch the temps when playing the game. MY old rig would shut down at odd times and only once did it spark when I tried restarting it.

Apr 11, 2019
Will getting a new cooler fix this problem? and should i clean my computer because i haven't cleaned it for 3 years now, its really dusty.

Also this is the temperature that my cpu is on while only running Google Chrome, Discord, HWInfo64, and Steam

Also will a new GPU break / get damaged if my cpu is always overheating and shutting down my pc?

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS