Question PC shuts down when running any game

Jan 19, 2023
I recently started playing games and my PC would just restart a minute or two into launching it. Everything else is fine on my computer like browsing, watching videos, and etc.
PART LIST: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4YQjMb

• Checked temp on CPU and GPU. Normal temps.
  • Ran SFC /scannow. Nothing corrupted.
  • Turned off all OC settings. (XMP, AMD game boost)
  • Secured PSU cables.

I've been reading it could possibly be the power supply. Had it for 2.5 years with no issues.

Any other possible solutions?

I recently started playing games and my PC would just restart a minute or two into launching it. Everything else is fine on my computer like browsing, watching videos, and etc.
PART LIST: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4YQjMb

• Checked temp on CPU and GPU. Normal temps.
  • Ran SFC /scannow. Nothing corrupted.
  • Turned off all OC settings. (XMP, AMD game boost)
  • Secured PSU cables.

I've been reading it could possibly be the power supply. Had it for 2.5 years with no issues.

Any other possible solutions?
Did you update the gpu drivers corresponding to the issue showing this proplem

Jan 19, 2023
Did you update the gpu drivers corresponding to the issue showing this proplem

Yes I just did that. This time I launched COD MW 2019 to test again. It lasted longer than it has before but this time it gave me a blue screen with the stop code: WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR. Although I do need to test a little more with it.

Jan 13, 2023
Yes I just did that. This time I launched COD MW 2019 to test again. It lasted longer than it has before but this time it gave me a blue screen with the stop code: WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR. Although I do need to test a little more with it.
FWIW, before running the PC I have now, I had very similar issues when running games, in which the PC would crash and freeze, shut down and also BSOD. It turned out to be the PSU or at least changing to a new one fixed the problem. Wether that was under powered or just on it's way out.

Jan 19, 2023
FWIW, before running the PC I have now, I had very similar issues when running games, in which the PC would crash and freeze, shut down and also BSOD. It turned out to be the PSU or at least changing to a new one fixed the problem. Wether that was under powered or just on it's way out.

Ok. I'll probably just get a new one and see how that works. Thanks!

Jan 19, 2023
Nvidia's 2000 and 3000 cards have bad power spikes, that PSU probably cant handle it. I had the same issue on my 2080 Ti with the computer rebooting during gaming but fine else where. Luckily i had a nice big PSU laying around and replaced it and havent had an issue since.
Alright. Do you have any PSU recommendations for my build?