PC shuts down while playing games

nandagunasekaran

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017
Hello, my pc shuts down while playing games, and if turn on my cpu it is showing thermal trip, but there is no cause to happen thermal trip, so i removed the vga cable from the gpu and plugged into the motherboard and ran the same game it running good with any fails or shut down, and again i tried the same game , and even again my pc shutsdown...!!! any fix...???
my specs:
i3-3220
4*2 ddr3 1600Mhz ram
Gt640

sakadikaka

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017

I had the same issue and i was struggling 7 days to find whats the cause of it, i changed my psu, as suggested on almost all forums but that didnt help...
Long story short, solution for my problem was matching my ram stick speeds, i have 2x4gb 1333mhz ddr3 memory and 1 of them was running at 1066mhz, i dont know if that makes any sense but it did fix my problems, before doing that aida64 would crash after 15 min, after i did that it kept running for 4 hours without shutting down my pc. Also try plugging your psu directly into wall, that may help. I hope my story will be helpful. Best of luck :) (sorry for bad English, not my native lang. )

Latest posts