PC shuts down without warning.

Nik_1_

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015
Hello. In the last 5 months my pc shuts down on it own without warning unexpectedly. It can happen while playing but also when im doing nothing and i'm on my desktop.
Sometimes it shuts down 2-3 times in a period less than 10 minutes and sometimes it wont shut down in a period of 8 hours.
I've formated my pc but it is still occuring.
Every hardware on my pc is new.
I have a 4790k, maximus VII hero, 16 Gb ram 2133,psu corsair rm750 and a soundblaster z. The only old stuff i have are my 7950 Gigabyte and the ssd. I have no temp issues. No OC. Please help ! Thanks

Solution
That can be one of the hardest problems to track down. Especially if everything is new and it is only intermittent. Normally I would suspect the PSU, but it could just as easily be board related. Or even a defective drive or RAM stick. That's the problem, it could be almost anything.

Have you ruled out the residential/commercial electrical supply as a possible issue? Loose connection in the wall outlet. Power strip problem. Surge protector failing.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
That can be one of the hardest problems to track down. Especially if everything is new and it is only intermittent. Normally I would suspect the PSU, but it could just as easily be board related. Or even a defective drive or RAM stick. That's the problem, it could be almost anything.

Have you ruled out the residential/commercial electrical supply as a possible issue? Loose connection in the wall outlet. Power strip problem. Surge protector failing.

Solution

axyumuda

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015
check your CPU temperature. it may be reaching high temperature and shutting itself down as a safe to prevent CPU damage. if so try thermal compound it may help. hope this helps

if not CPU overheat then try a new PSU

TRENDING THREADS