Jul 19, 2019
Hello, it's my first post! so thank you inadvance for any answer i get here. Well, straight to the point. I 've finished assembling my first build and when i happen to play any very demanding game my pc shuts down and the only way to make it turn on again is switch off and on again the PSU. any ideas?

my specs are:

Ryzen 51600
Asus prime B450m
RAM 8gb ddr4 3000Mh
SSD Crucial BX500
Asrock RX 570 8GB Phantom Gaming OC
EVGA 600B

Hello, it's my first post! so thank you inadvance for any answer i get here. Well, straight to the point. I 've finished assembling my first build and when i happen to play any very demanding game my pc shuts down and the only way to make it turn on again is switch off and on again the PSU. any ideas?

my specs are:

Ryzen 51600
Asus prime B450m
RAM 8gb ddr4 3000Mh
SSD Crucial BX500
Asrock RX 570 8GB Phantom Gaming OC
EVGA 600B

You have to switch the PSU off and on via the switch on the PSU?

If so, it's not a CPU, GPU, etc. thermal shut down. The PSU is faulting.

Although it's a crappy PSU, it should still hold up to that system. So it may just be faulty. RMA it and get it replaced.

Although it's a crappy PSU, it should still hold up to that system. So it may just be faulty. RMA it and get it replaced.

Or they can replace it with a better unit like the RMX 650W or EVGA G2. (y)

That's what I would recommend.

Reactions: Lesserwar
Jul 19, 2019

Thats what i tought. I will replace it for a Thermaltake Toughpower RGB Grand Series 650W 80plus gold. It's rated on tier 2 here on Tom's Hardware.