Aug 18, 2019
okay so this is how it all started , I was having a high percentage disk issues so I watched a youtube tutorial to fix it . in this tutorial I was told to change the valu from 1 to 0 for the pci-express firmware . as soon as i did that my disk usage went up to 100% , so i changed the value back to 1 and restarted my pc but now it only powers on for 30 seconds and shuts off completly with no beep or any screens. did i fry something in my motherboard or pcu system?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Unfortunately most online tutorials are incredibly misleading or damaging, because they aren't specific to the problem you're facing. If you have high disk usage, it can be due to a multitude of things, and these sites guide you in potentially harming tasks that have nothing to do with the cause of your problem. So it's why we advise to stay away from these guides without proper advice or guidance.

I was told to change the valu from 1 to 0 for the pci-express firmware
Where did you change this? In the BIOS?
If you changed it in the BIOS, then reset the CMOS, take out CMOS battery ,leave for 1 min then replug back in and see.

Aug 18, 2019

Unfortunately most online tutorials are incredibly misleading or damaging, because they aren't specific to the problem you're facing. If you have high disk usage, it can be due to a multitude of things, and these sites guide you in potentially harming tasks that have nothing to do with the cause of your problem. So it's why we advise to stay away from these guides without proper advice or guidance.

If you changed it in the BIOS, then reset the CMOS, take out CMOS battery ,leave for 1 min then replug back in and see.

it was not in bios , pressed the Windows+R keys and typed in "regedit" and went into some files