PC shuts off after 4 minutes of inactivity. Registry_Error

CuriousCaleb

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016
If I am doing something my PC will be fine, such as, writing this post. But I walk away or even not touch my keyboard or mouse for 5 minutes, blue screen and "REGISTRY_ERROR". My PC runs cool at a stable 38C and only jumps to 48-50C in high intensity games.

This PC is only 3 years old tops. The only original parts are the CPU and SSD. Everything else has been switched out for better parts
PC Specs:
CPU: I5-4670
Mobo: Asus- H87M-Plus
Mem: GSkill 16gb DDR3-1866
SSD/HDD: 840 EVO, Western 1TB
GPU: GTX 1060 6gb
PSU: 550w

So what have I tried?
+Let the PC stay off for a few days
+ sfc/scannow
+bootrec(/fixmbr,/fixboot,/rebuildbcd)
-Note about this one, after the last step (rebuildbcd) it asked me if I wanted to add my SSD(which has the OS) to a list, stating Yes, no, or All came up with the same outcome. Not allowing me to. The drives are not set to ReadOnly (checked used diskpart).
+attempted both reset and refresh
-With both of these, stating that it was locked. Hence the attempt at diskpart.
+Pretty much everything attempted on the first few pages of Google.

Im at a loss. Any additional Ideas?

Solution
The first two things can be checked in the bios itself.Look for the XMP under the "AI" section. Which bios you have should be mentioned at the main page.

The psu worries me abit. Not very high quality and maybe when the pc is not used it get's under a certain load at which one of the psu's protections kicks in and the pc shuts down.Might want to check with another psu if one is available. Maybe from a friend or a local shop?
What happens if you set the pc to never go to sleep in the windows energy settings? Can also try to disable the C6/7 energy saving states in the bios.

12of12

Honorable
Sep 7, 2016
I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to PC's compared to the others that are here but from what I understand, you are saying the error only appears after you leave your PC alone and not when you are constantly active on it right? Even though this may seem a bit vague, I would say it is one of your drivers. I think that your storage drivers might be at fault or something to do with memory. It might also be a memory timing thing in your bios which you need to update to fix. Most BSOD's originate from driver problems such as gpu etc and in your case it might be from your memory and storage but i would check all drivers.

CuriousCaleb

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016

From what I've seen online, could be a storage driver but none of them have updated recently.

Windows in legit yes. The PSU is a Coolermaster eXtreme Power. How would I check the first two things you listed?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
The first two things can be checked in the bios itself.Look for the XMP under the "AI" section. Which bios you have should be mentioned at the main page.

The psu worries me abit. Not very high quality and maybe when the pc is not used it get's under a certain load at which one of the psu's protections kicks in and the pc shuts down.Might want to check with another psu if one is available. Maybe from a friend or a local shop?
What happens if you set the pc to never go to sleep in the windows energy settings? Can also try to disable the C6/7 energy saving states in the bios.

Solution