Question PC shuts off and restarts during Windows 10 setup

Jan 17, 2020
My PC constantly shuts off at the same point during Windows 10 setup. Every light and fan stops working for a few seconds then turns back on, and it does the same thing again. Cortana says "let's dig in" then shuts off every time. I first used the same harddrive when Windows 10 was installed on it through another pc, and it would last a few hours before it started a crashing loop. When I left it alone for a few hours then came back it worked again. I started the new installation of Windows with my newest harddrive once I wiped it with command prompt. I tried to use an old hard drive with Windows 10 on it and it loaded the desktop for a few seconds then shuts off and restarts again. In bios cpu does not seem to be overheating. Any help is appreciated.

Some specs are:
Corsair CX750M 750w PSU
Intel Core i9-9900KF
16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 RAM
MSI GTX 1660 Graphics Card
MSI Z390 Gaming Motherboard

TLGalenson

Honorable
Nov 19, 2016
Are you installing Windows 10 from external media? (Dvd, Flash drive)?
Is the drive being re-formatted every time?
Are you running the MB with "load optimized defaults" in place?

Jan 17, 2020
Are you installing Windows 10 from external media? (Dvd, Flash drive)?
Is the drive being re-formatted every time?
Are you running the MB with "load optimized defaults" in place?
It is being installed through the purchased Windows 10 usb. It is not being reformatted every time, because it only went through the download and installation process once I believe. It's just reloading to the same screen each time, sometimes with a gray screen stating that it has had an issue which caused it to restart. It just goes back to the same Cortana screen afterwards. It never asked if I wanted optimized defaults or anything, so I'm not sure.

TRENDING THREADS