CPU: AMD FX-8350 Vishera 8- Core
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 16gb (8gb x 2 sticks) DDR3
HDD: SAMSUNG HD642JJ 640GB
SSD: SAMSUNG EVO 500gb SATA
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER VENTUS OC 6gb GDDR6
PSU: Corsair CX 600

The Problem

My PC shuts off completely when playing Rainbow Six Siege and Apex Legends. The game will load and I will be mid match and without warning my PC shuts off completely. No stutter no visual issues no lag prior. PC runs fine playing other games for hours (Warframe, Paladins, Smite, Dark and Light). Last night I upgraded my GPU from a Radeon R9 280 3gb GDDR5 to the NVIDIA card above and added the SSD but have yet to move the os to the SSD. I changed the card thinking it may be a card issue or amd gpu software issue. I used DDU to remove it all before installation. However my PC turned off 5 minutes into a siege match w the new card.

Diagnostics

No error codes and PC turns back on with push of power button w/o issue. With the AMD card I would get "Wattman setting have been reset due to unexpected crash" or something like that. But ofcourse I have an NVIDIA card now but it didnt fix the issue.
Ive changed out the PSU temporarily and it still crashes. Downloaded programs to test RAM and HDD both tested fine no issues.

Cpu temp using coretemp and idling it stays in the mid to low 40's C, and get in 60's -70'swhile gaming. After turning my pc back on after the crash before last it was around 56C when it came back on.

I ran a CPU benchmark using CPU-Z Multithread (8) 1570.00 (multithread ratio (6.48), Single thread 242.5.

I used steam and verified all the game files to make sure it wasnt corrupted. Going to uninstall and reinstall siege tonight.

Could the Issue be the Motherboard? Im even using a different PCI-E port for the new card. I took it to a tech place a while back and he removed a case fan saying the wire had spliced free and was touching the MOBO and after he played Siege for a few hours on and off w no issues.....Siege crashed that same night for me.

Help?

Sep 4, 2019
Update- Still not fixed

Uninstalled Siege and Reinstalled, still same problem. Game itself is fine when open but when playing a match about 2 minutes in the whole pc shuts down. Highest temp was 83C, Dark and Light temp was 74ish, Smite temp highest was 68C.

Dec 15, 2019
83C is kind of hot for a cpu, it might be causing a shut down. Something else that you could check is if the CPU fan is covering any capacitors on the mobo. I had that once and everything worked fine untile I ran some benchmarks and it kept crashing.