[SOLVED] Pc shuts off during games sometimes and mostly during cut scenes. Psu problem?

Solution
Yeah, I'm not sure Gigabyte has had any 585w power supplies in a very long time, so knowing exactly what it is would certainly be good.

I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't the PSU though if that is what we think it is.

RadioactiverT

Commendable
Jun 27, 2021
Yeah, we are going to need a lot more information than that INCLUDING your full hardware specifications. A little more info regarding the backstory and exactly what happens would be helpful too.
Sorry for the lack of info lol

Ryzen R3 3100
RX 580 Nitro + 4gb
16gb ram
1tb hdd
Bazooka max mobo b450m wifi

Psu is a 585w gigabyte one but not sure about the name but I have model number.

RadioactiverT

Commendable
Jun 27, 2021
How old is that PSU? Is it an ODIN? What is the model number?

Was this PC working properly previously or is it an all new build.

So many secrets!! :D:D:D
Psu model: GE-P585A-C2

Everything besides gpu and psu is 8 months old
Gpu i bought brand new a few years ago like 2018 I think and psu was bought second hand but I think it's atleast 5 years old rip

RadioactiverT

Commendable
Jun 27, 2021
Regarding what happens; it just goes into a hard reset or something like that I'm not too familiar. The pc goes off but my keyboard light or part of it is on like a standby mode but the restart button doesn't work. Only when I remove power plug and the light goes away and there's no power and I put the power plug back on then does it start up

RadioactiverT

Commendable
Jun 27, 2021
Yeah, I'm not sure Gigabyte has had any 585w power supplies in a very long time, so knowing exactly what it is would certainly be good.

I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't the PSU though if that is what we think it is.
I also think so to considering everything is fairly new besides gpu which is also not that old or overused. I am going to get a new psu soon but just wanted to check why this happens. Also can it damage my pc in anyway? Doesn't happen all the time but like i couldn't play Rainbow siege or enlisted and I tried Cricket 19 today and it crashes on start up for some games but most commonly during cutscenes