Question PC Shuts off during games

wajahath

Reputable
May 5, 2015
I have been playing games on this pc, and it has been shutting down nearly randomly. Sometimes it will shut down within the first 15 mins of playing, sometimes after a few hours. But it often shuts down during the saving and loading portions of the game.
I have been logging through msi afterburner, and if anyone could help me diagnose what the problem may be, whether it is hardware or software, that would be helpful. here are the logs::

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
Power supplies tend to get weaker within years.
The problem you explained is really leading me to think that your power supply is not handling enough.
I have seen a lot of problems like yours that users had bad/old power supplies, whenever running a game or something that requires a high load it will instantly shut down.

wajahath

Reputable
May 5, 2015
Power supplies tend to get weaker within years.
The problem you explained is really leading me to think that your power supply is not handling enough.
I have seen a lot of problems like yours that users had bad/old power supplies, whenever running a game or something that requires a high load it will instantly shut down.
Is there anyway i can be sure of this?

First step is using a different/ known good PSU of sufficient wattage...

(Some homes are susceptible to slight brownouts when central air conditioning units come on, as evidenced by dimming lights, etc; you can eliminate this risk by turning AC off, or, locking it to 'always on' during testing...; or by using a quality UPS, of course)

wajahath

Reputable
May 5, 2015
First step is using a different/ known good PSU of sufficient wattage...

(Some homes are susceptible to slight brownouts when central air conditioning units come on, as evidenced by dimming lights, etc; you can eliminate this risk by turning AC off, or, locking it to 'always on' during testing...; or by using a quality UPS, of course)
So basically I have to buy another to be sure the first is broken lmao..