Question PC shuts off when playing demanding games ?

Alwyn19

Prominent
Jun 24, 2020
Hi guys!

Problem first occurred like an hour ago where my PC goes black screen and then the GPU fans start to accelerate like hell. Before anything else, just to give a little bit of context and background of what happened:

Everything was working properly yesterday because I was playing as usual, and then I found a motherboard in my basement and I tried it to test if it works. So I took the PSU out of my main rig then put it into the other system and it works, kinda, but it stopped again so I gave up. But then when I put my PSU back in my main rig the problem occurred but only when I play demanding games such as Apex Legends. Usually I get 90- 120 fps when gaming but now I only get 60-75 fps while gaming and it stutters a little bit then goes to the black screen and shuts off my PC.

I did not overlock anything, everything is default and bios are normal and especially temps are just fine. What could be the problem here? Adding to that, when I play Tekken 7 I don't get any FPS dips and no stuttering, I get solid lock 60fps when playing but now it dips to like 57 fps but it doesn't shut off my PC ?

specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte b450m Ds3h V2
12gb
160 gbHDD
2x 500gb HDD
HIS Rx 570 4gb
Micronics 700 watts btc 80 Bronze PSU

Alwyn19

Prominent
Jun 24, 2020
Thank you for answering, the other system did not post at all it kinda opens up for just a sec then powered down and then I got tired of that and put it back to my main rig.

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
Do you have an extra psu you could use to test?

Im only assuming it’s the psu because its the only thing you have touched btw, Maybe somebody else would have another idea…

in any case i would suggest you replace the psu anyway. Cheap psus almost always give you trouble, eventually.

Alwyn19

Prominent
Jun 24, 2020
UPDATE my main rig is currently working and stable again with the PSU that I have been in trouble with. I don't know what happen, it just works like a miracle. Btw thank you for the messages and recommendations! I'll update if something Happen again

TRENDING THREADS