VIDEO CARD MODEL:
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
247.46 MB
VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
aticfx32.dll
DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
1440x900

Whenever I play a graphically intensive game for 15-20 minutes, my computer randomly shuts off. Any ideas why this happens? Could it be an issue with the power supply? Please help. :??:

Solution

There's your problem. You purchased a cheap power supply. Unexpected power loss during high load scenarios is almost always PSU related. Most cheap PSUs are outright dangerous to use. They are often inefficient and of low quality, are prone to failure, likely to damage components when they do fail, and worst of all they are a fire hazard.

You must replace that piece of junk with a better one ASAP.

Ben Murashko

Reputable
Sep 1, 2014

There's your problem. You purchased a cheap power supply. Unexpected power loss during high load scenarios is almost always PSU related. Most cheap PSUs are outright dangerous to use. They are often inefficient and of low quality, are prone to failure, likely to damage components when they do fail, and worst of all they are a fire hazard.

You must replace that piece of junk with a better one ASAP.

Solution

Ben Murashko

Reputable
Sep 1, 2014

oh, okay. I'll make sure to replace it as soon as possible. I also have another question, when I'm playing graphically intensive games, my GPU (MEMIO) heats up to as much as 109 F. The video card's temperature usually runs higher than others as a trade off to it's low noise but I feel like 109 is WAY too high.

GPUs are designed to operate around 90 degrees centigrade, not Fahrenheit. 109F is around 42C