[SOLVED] PC shuts off while gaming, Screen goes black and PC stays running

IHateSoftware

Prominent
Oct 4, 2020
So I built this PC back in October of 2020, I have had this constant problem where If I play a game and the Temps hit a normal working state, the screen turns off, and the PC stays on, I can still hear through my headphones too. And I am left no choice but to shut it down because it is unresponsive in this idle state. And when I reboot, my PC's gamma is turned all the way up and it wont change, and there is no "sleep" option in the power menu. Its left in this wack state. The only way to fix it is to delete all drivers and re download them, this is so annoying, its as if it boots in this weird mode.

Specs:
ASrock b450m pro4 Am4 micro atx
Xfx radeon rx 570 8gb xxx edition
Ryzen 5 2600
Evga Br 600W bronze 80+
viper blackout(2x8) ddr4 3200
64-bit W10

Solution
Will do, is it a tedious process? I also want to swap out Mobos because the one I got is so outdated, could you recommend any, Thanks!
When you change motherboard you will want to reinstall Windows anyway. It takes time to do, you will have to reinstall all your applications. You might be able to backup your games depending on where they came from, for example Steam allows you to copy your Steam game folder. There are guides on doing this if you Google.

For motherboard what is it your current motherboard does not have that you want? Can your case fit a full size ATX board? Its unlikely you will see any performance improvement from a motherboard change.

Just thought, can you run userbenchmark and share the public link to the...

IHateSoftware

Prominent
Oct 4, 2020
If my system I’d probably try a completely fresh install of Windows, full wipe and install from scratch. I would check the BIOS version is up to date first.
Will do, is it a tedious process? I also want to swap out Mobos because the one I got is so outdated, could you recommend any, Thanks!

When you change motherboard you will want to reinstall Windows anyway. It takes time to do, you will have to reinstall all your applications. You might be able to backup your games depending on where they came from, for example Steam allows you to copy your Steam game folder. There are guides on doing this if you Google.

For motherboard what is it your current motherboard does not have that you want? Can your case fit a full size ATX board? Its unlikely you will see any performance improvement from a motherboard change.

Just thought, can you run userbenchmark and share the public link to the results.

Last edited:
Solution