[SOLVED] PC shutsdown after I open a game (Temps are fine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 7, 2021
Hello everyone,
So I'm in a bit of trouble rn and frustrated as well.I have a RX 480 8gb.I bought it like 8 months ago and it got bit dusty and so I tried to remove dust from it.(being unexperienced person I used a blower and used that blower to blow dust from GPU and PSU).My PSU is Antec 630W 80+ rated bronze.Now after using that my pc starts and works well but when I try to open a game,PC instantly crashes and give kernal 41 error for some reason.But when I remove my GPU and open any game on Intel graphics,Pc don't shutdown and works like fine.(my proc is core I5 4th gen,h81 mobo,8gb ram)
Now I can't figure out whether its from GPU or PSU
One thing to add is that my GPU backplate gets hot even in idle temp (about 38 C) without any load and gets extremely hot when underload (load means opening tab and stuff except gaming).Can anyone help me out in here and tell me whether its GPU prob or PSU Problem?
Any kind of help would be appreciated and helpful
peace

Solution
I would suggest you reseating everything, checking if there is some dust stuck in sockets of ram, pcie for gpu and cpu.
Also reseat sata cable if you have ssd or HDD.
Rarely sensor of gpu gets damaged and reports fake temperature.
Its normal for backplate to get hot.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
What exactly is extremely hot? RX 480 should be fine at 95 C if I recall correctly. The hottest water from the tap is around 50 C and that feels extremely hot to me.
Launch Hwinfo64, check GPU core and hotspot temps. It could be time to repaste the GPU. I've never done it because I don't want to deal with the thermal pads. On CPU I change paste every 2-3 years.

Reactions: Freddy sheikh
Aug 7, 2021
[/QUOTE]
What exactly is extremely hot? RX 480 should be fine at 95 C if I recall correctly. The hottest water from the tap is around 50 C and that feels extremely hot to me.
Launch Hwinfo64, check GPU core and hotspot temps. It could be time to repaste the GPU. I've never done it because I don't want to deal with the thermal pads. On CPU I change paste every 2-3 years.

Whenever I touch gpu backplate after shutdown pc (with no heavy load on pc,just idle stuff) it feels so hot.Your point makes sense as well,Maybe I'm feeling that way coz i never actually touched it before...But what could be the possible reason for pc to shutdown???I'm currently using same pc with no gpu attached but its working fine (To me its because its not drawing much power from psu and working fine)
but when i connect gpu and open a game ,It immediately shuts down pc
cant stress on gpu as well,e

Status
Not open for further replies.