PC Shutting down after 5-10 minutes of loading into windows

beardedtexan

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
So, at first I thought it was my Power Supply. I had been meaning to upgrade from my little Corsair HX750 for a while so I bought myself a Corsair RM 1000. I installed it tonight along with some new sleeved cables, but it continues to do it...

The problem: I have run into a problem where when I turn on my PC and log into ( sometimes I don't even get a chance to log into windows) my PC turns off completely. No warning, just powers down. This is after installing a new Power Supply.

I have re-installed Windows 7 completely and it still happens. I don't know if it is my Motherboard or my CPU. The CPU is less than a year old, the Motherboard is about a year older than that. It started about a week or two ago after I installed a new fan in my case. I am starting to get frustrated because if it is my motherboard it means I will probably be out of commission for a while and well, you all know that is just not fun

I'll post my specs just to help out with any ideas anyone may have
FX-8350 (4.0 Ghz, never been OC'd) ( less than a year old)
Corsair H55 Close Loop Cooling ( about two years old)
Gigabyte 990FX-UD3 Motherboard( about two years old)
16Gb of G.Skill X Series Ram 2133 ( less than a year old )
XFX R9 270x Double-D Edition ( less than a year old)
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply ( Installed TONIGHT)
Samsung EVO 840 250Gb SSD ( less than a year old )
WD Green 1Tb HDD 7200 RPM ( exactly a year old today)

If it is the fans, well I have 3x200mm fans ( 2xNZXT and 1xThermalTake), 2x140mm fans ( NZXT ) and 2x120mm fans ( Coolermasters in a push pull on my H55). I did have the HyperX Ram Cooler Fans installed, but they were just getting in the way of everything so I un-installed them tonight. I did have one 120mm fan on my radiator go out a few weeks ago so I uninstalled it and put a new one on.

I am honestly so frustrated I don't know what to do. I have tried everything I can really think of at this point so I am turning to you guys for assistance. I may or may not be able to buy myself a new motherboard come next pay day, but I really do not want to do that at all. I don't think it is an 'overheating' issue, since the computer isn't even on long enough for it to get hot enough to feel with just the touch of the hand. But then again I cannot tell whether or not the H55 is actually running or not. I tried unplugging it from the CPU fan spot and plugging it back in.

Sounds like a thermal issue to me too. Whether real or imagined by the system, still to be determined. It's highly possible if the system is overheating, or thinks it's overheating, or does not sense any installed cpu fan, it may be just shutting itself down. As mentioned, go into the BIOS and see what the cpu temp is doing.

beardedtexan

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013

My current CPU Temperature is: 30.0C
System Temperature is 26.0 C
It even says my CPU fan is running ( which is the water block I believe)

beardedtexan

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013

My current CPU Temperature is: 30.0C
System Temperature is 26.0 C
It even says my CPU fan is running ( which is the water block I believe)

beardedtexan

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
Well, you guys were right. It's overheating. I ran CPUTemp and other programs. It maxes out at about 80c and then turns itself off. The water pump I am guessing is broken or just dead. I am going to see about buying a new one this weekend.