Question PC Shutting down after I press power button and PC turn on again for 5 seconds then shutdown again, Also No display connection

Apr 15, 2023
PC Shutting down after I press power button and PC turn on again for 5 seconds then shutdown again, Also No display connection.

PC parts:
AMD R5 3400g
MSI b450m-A Pro Max
RX5500XT 8GB
8gb DDR4 2666mhz (2x)
500GB 7200RPM HDD
240GB Kingston SSD
DeepCool PK550D 80+ Bronze
6 case Fans

Apr 3, 2023
  1. Power Supply Issue: It's possible that your power supply unit (PSU) is faulty or not providing enough power to your components. When the PSU doesn't deliver enough power, the PC may shut down to protect itself. Check if all power connectors from the PSU to the motherboard and GPU are properly connected and seated securely. You can also try testing with a different PSU if available.
  2. Overheating Issue: Overheating can cause a PC to shut down to protect itself from damage. Make sure that all fans in your PC, including CPU and GPU fans, are working properly and not obstructed by dust or debris. Also, check if the thermal paste on your CPU is applied correctly and consider reapplying it if needed.
  3. RAM Issue: Faulty or improperly seated RAM modules can cause issues with your PC's stability. Try reseating the RAM modules by removing them and reinstalling them firmly in their slots. If you have multiple RAM modules, you can also try booting the PC with only one module at a time to identify if any of them are causing the issue.
  4. Graphics Card Issue: Your RX5500XT GPU may be causing the issue. Try reseating the GPU in its slot and ensure that the power connectors are properly connected. If possible, try testing with a different GPU to see if the issue persists.
  5. BIOS Issue: Sometimes, a corrupted BIOS can cause problems with the PC's startup. Try resetting the BIOS to default settings by removing the CMOS battery for a few minutes and then putting it back in. You can also try updating the BIOS to the latest version if available.
hope this will help you alot,

thanks.

PC Shutting down after I press power button and PC turn on again for 5 seconds then shutdown again, Also No display connection.

PC parts:
AMD R5 3400g
MSI b450m-A Pro Max
RX5500XT 8GB
8gb DDR4 2666mhz (2x)
500GB 7200RPM HDD
240GB Kingston SSD
DeepCool PK550D 80+ Bronze
6 case Fans

Apr 15, 2023
Everything at once? Was that the point in time where the problem occurred?

Have you tried to swap back to old GPU ?
Yes,all new parts installed at the same time. No the problem occurred a month after the PC upgrades. I don't have an old GPU,im only APU at that time.

OK. You have to start somewhere in rder to narrow down the potential fault sources. As a start, I recommend you trying to swap either GPU, PSU or even both (but only one at a time if you managet to get both) - whatever is easiest to get for you, and if you can borrow and also that you're using a device in good working condition.

Follow up question: Do you have any knowledge if other equipment in the household (including your closest neighbors) have stopped working in the same time period?

Apr 15, 2023
OK. You have to start somewhere in rder to narrow down the potential fault sources. As a start, I recommend you trying to swap either GPU, PSU or even both (but only one at a time if you managet to get both) - whatever is easiest to get for you, and if you can borrow and also that you're using a device in good working condition.

Follow up question: Do you have any knowledge if other equipment in the household (including your closest neighbors) have stopped working in the same time period?
Is there a way to know if my PSU and GPU are broken without having to swap them?. Because I don't have an extra PSU and GPU nor no one to borrow PSU and GPU.

All my Equipment in my household are working fine, Although I noticed some weird things going on. Like when I turn off or turn on my fan (Connected to my AVR with my PC) my monitor always turns off for at least 1-2 seconds then it will turn back on after the 1-2 seconds.

Is there a way to know if my PSU and GPU are broken without having to swap them?
Well, if you have a repair shop nearby, you could bring the components over there and ask if they can test it for you. Otherwise, not really.

Also partially yes - a PSU can be tested with a multimeter when jump started, but testing a PSU when not loaded or when the load is pure resistive won't necessarily reveal any defects that otherwise only appear when connected to real hardware.

TRENDING THREADS