Question PC shutting down during loading of games ?

Dec 21, 2022
Specs:
CPU - Intel i7-4790K, no overclock
Motherboard - ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer
GPU - MSI GTX 970
PSU - Chieftec 550w ctg-550-80p
16GB DDR3 (2x8GB)

I have a problem with my old PC.
The PC is completely shutting down and restarts itself (without any usable crashing logs) while I'm gaming, usually on loading screens. Temps are fine.
It happens in games like in Valheim and Deep Rock Galatic but it is completely fine when I'm playing CS:GO.

I ran Cinebench for hours, it was fine. I ran Unigine Heaven for hours and it was fine. Ran both at the same time without any problem.
I DDU-d nvidia driver, reinstalled windows, changed RAMs, changed SSD. Didn't fix the problem.

Today I had a thought to try Unigine Superposition benchmark instead of Heaven. And boom during the loading screen the PC shut down.
I started to play with the presets, the crash happens with 1080p High and Medium but not with 720p Low.

My question is, I can't swap out parts anymore without starting to spend money so which is more likely the problem here?
PSU is probably the weakest part in the setup, Mobo usually die first in old setups like this, but looks like a GPU stress test is crashing the PC.

Which one should I try to swap first or is anyone have an idea how to figure out which part is the bad one?

TRENDING THREADS