PC shutting down every 20min

Agryon

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015
Hello guys, so recently my pc started to shutdown like every 20~30mins either i'm gaming or not.
I've checked temperatures and that doesnt seem to be the problem, i bought a new GPU 2 days ago thinking it could solve (and because i really needed a new one) , and it didnt.

People told me it could be MB or PSU , so i opened my pc and looked at one of te PSU cables , and in one of the holes it was missing that little metal thing inside, (i've linked a picture so you can see what im talking about). Could that be the issue? Or is it another thing?

CPU: I7 3770K
PSU: TX650M
MB: P8Z77-V

Thanks in advance!

http://imgur.com/a/MSMFG

junii421

Notable
Feb 27, 2017
The PSU coul dbe bad BUT your luck I had the same problem the other day, your temps are too high, try and remove your overclock if you have one and try or keep on side of your computer open and let it air out while running and test that out...

junii421

Notable
Feb 27, 2017

That is odd, what program do you use to check temps?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Its not temps if thats your temps. That sounds like a definite PSU problem. While its only 2 years old the TX650M is a really old model (they just recently released a new one). It was a good PSU when new but its gotta be much older than 2 years at this point.

Agryon

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015
Well, it only has 2 years of usage, but yea , the tx650m is quite old... But couldnt it be the cpu or mobo? Is it the psu problem for sure? As i dont have anything to test it out, im forced to buy either ...

Thanks!

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

CPU is definitely not. Motherboard is maybe but unlikely. Where are you located? For example if you buy a PSU from Amazon they have a good return policy.

Agryon

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015
Im from Portugal. Anyway i got a friend of mine lend me a new PSU just for testing , and it did the same thing, right after 20 to 30mins it shutdown. So probably narrowing it down to either the mobo or the cpu probably?

Thanks!

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Its definitely not the CPU. Its likely the motherboard at this point. I would also test the memory, download memtest86 and run that. If the memory passes then yeah your motherboard needs to be replaced.

Agryon

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015
Hello! I want to thank you for your support throughout this issue. I've narrowed it down to the motherboard. I will get a replacement as soon as possible.

Thanks again
Best regards!