[SOLVED] PC Shutting down instantly and GPU fan going nuts ?

Shadow777

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2014
Hi everyone, thanks for helping me. Recently my pc has been shutting down out of nowhere and the GPU fan going insanely fast when it does.
I've changed the GPU paste a month ago since it was doing the same thing and it stopped for a while but the problem came back,

But recently ive noticed it does that when the table get hit and receives a vibration shock, like slamming my fist on the table or the chair hitting it, what could be happening? I have a GTX 1060 with a 520w seasonic PSU

Solution
If movement causes your PC to crash or reboot, then you either have an intermittent short or open connection somewhere. I'd start with taking the PC apart and examining every component for bad solder joints and physical damage.

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the PSU? is it an M12II or the S12II? What else is the PSU and GPU connected to? Meaning, what are the rest of your system's specs?

What thermal paste did you use on the GPU when you repasted it? I hope you didn't replace the thermal pads on the GPU with thermal paste. FYI, taking your rage on your desk isn't a healthy habit. You might want to see if all the connections to your innards(components) are secure since a knock to the desk causing an issue isn't good.