[SOLVED] PC shutting down randomly with orange/yellow led light ?

May 28, 2021
Hello!

Hope everyone's good.

Forgive me if there are terms that I might not be able to explain or understand right away, I am new in this PC world :)

I have bought my first pc last November 2020 with the following specs

Motherboard: Asus Tuf B450 Plus (with wifi)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
Memory: GSkill TridentZ RGB DDR4 3200 2x8GB
GPU : ASUS TUF GTX 1660 SUPER 8GB
Powersupply : EVGA 700BR 700Watts
Cpu cooler: Deepcool Gammax L240
Storage: TeamElite 256gb m.2
UPS: Silvertec 1000

First problem I have encountered : sometimes the computer hangs then I have found out my other HDD had some bad sectors so I decided to return it to the store and wait for the warranty/replacement

Then, there are some randomly shutdown on the PC so I decided to reformat (SSD) and reinstall again my windows but the randomly shutting down still continues

Then yesterday I have noticed there was a yellow/orange led light turn on near on my RAM

I already tried re-seating my RAM sticks but still keeps on restarting

Hope someone could help

Thanks

Solution
Would reseat parts first like ram and cpu, use fresh paste under the cpu cooler. See if it makes a diference. Can also reconnect the 8pin EPS connector=power for the cpu and the 24pin motherboard connector.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Did you update th bios in meantime? Or did the shop you bought it from?

The colors red/orange can mean different things, the red led suggests something is wrong with the cpu, orange doesn't exist, but yellow does, this points at the ram being a problem, combined that would get orange, but these are checked each at a time.

HmEXcuc.png

May 28, 2021
Hi Vic40

The shop I have bought the pc updated the bios for me make the CPU worked last year..

Regarding the color, I thought it was orange. sorry

I did try resetting the CMOS by removing the battery and putting it back ( I am not really sure if this is resetting the cmos) and hopefully this will work

Thank you for replying