Question Pc shutting down when he wants

Jun 12, 2019
I got new PSU 500watts when my build needs 430watts and Im having problem pc turning of when I enter the game or just listen music my CPU reaches max 80C and Motherboard reaches 80C pc was cleaned every 1-3months last time I cleaned everything 1week ago GPU temperatures are normal when giving more job reaches max 60C + coolers are cleaned too cooling system works okay but its hot in my room so I think its may effect my pc temperatures and thats why my pc shutting down any suggests how to fix that
My pc build:

Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M
CPU: AMD FX-4100 3.6Ghz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX460 MSI Cyclone
PSU: Blue Storm II 500

Jun 12, 2019
Hi, that PSU is very old and not a high quality one. I'd suggest getting a decent Corsair, Seasonic etc. Something like a Seasonic S12ii 520. It is very likely that the PSU is causing the problems.

Yeah but my build is old aswell I just played 1hour The elder Scrolls: Skyrim and PC didnt shut down but if im playing CS:GO pc almost always shut downs once or twice aswell when I play Bleach online and Listen music same time pc shut down atleast once

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Agree with the above. The PC isn't crashing(bsods, etc.), but shutting itself off without warning, that's very likely the psu.
The psu is the most important component in a PC. Getting one on the cheap can lead to permanently damaging your other hardware should things go south.

Yeah but my build is old aswell I just played 1hour The elder Scrolls: Skyrim and PC didnt shut down but if im playing CS:GO pc almost always shut downs once or twice aswell when I play Bleach online and Listen music same time pc shut down atleast once
Just because the rest of your PC is old too,it doesn't mean it can go with an old PSU. The PSU will degrade over time, meaning that even though it might once have been able to power your system, it won't be able to anymore. The reason why it shuts down is because the PSU cannot power your PC.

Jun 12, 2019
Just because the rest of your PC is old too,it doesn't mean it can go with an old PSU. The PSU will degrade over time, meaning that even though it might once have been able to power your system, it won't be able to anymore. The reason why it shuts down is because the PSU cannot power your PC.
Guy who helps ke with this told that it may be because I have windows 10 and psu cant run rhis windows so should I try windows 7

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
That guy doesn't know what he's talking about.
Software issues cause BSODs, etc, and then shut down.
Instant shut offs are hardware related, and in your case, the psu is the most likely culprit, as it wasn't a very good unit to begin with.

Jun 12, 2019
That guy doesn't know what he's talking about.
Software issues cause BSODs, etc, and then shut down.
Instant shut offs are hardware related, and in your case, the psu is the most likely culprit, as it wasn't a very good unit to begin with.
Yeah so thats why im asking for help I dont really know

To correct that tech guy, a PSU cannot be incompatible with a certain type of Windows... All it does is give power. I your case, I believe your PSU doesn't give enough power for your CPU, GPU, RAM, HDD and other parts to work properly, hence causing these issues. I believe that most people here would agree with my previous recommendation of the Seasonic S12II 520w as a more than capable, yet cheap PSU.

Jun 12, 2019
To correct that tech guy, a PSU cannot be incompatible with a certain type of Windows... All it does is give power. I your case, I believe your PSU doesn't give enough power for your CPU, GPU, RAM, HDD and other parts to work properly, hence causing these issues. I believe that most people here would agree with my previous recommendation of the Seasonic S12II 520w as a more than capable, yet cheap PSU.
Okay I will have this in mind for now gonna try find other solution if its posible and is any other solution let me now but if not im gonna ask for other psu cuz this psu is new so i have to get my money back

Jun 12, 2019
so problem to my pv was my mouse and windows10 I installed windows7 but pc was still shutting down then I picked new mouse and now my pc work fine no random shutdowns.And psu couldnt be a problem it was tested on max