[SOLVED] PC shutting down while playing heavy games(showing blue screen)

Jul 17, 2019
So, i bought my pc last year. In the beginning i thought it was a heating issue so i added more fans to my PC , but my problem was not resolved. I got my GPU checked , Motherboard checked .Even i exchanged my processor , ram , PSU ... but the problem is not fixed .. pls help me....
But sometimes the games run for like 5 mins only and blue screen comes and sometimes it runs for 4-5 hours without any problem.
My PC specs :
CPU : i5-9400F
GPU : MSI GTX 1060 6GB
RAM : CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 1x8 GB DDR4 @3000MHZ (TRIED IT AT 2166, 2666 MHZ)
MB : MSI Z390 TOMAHAWK
PSU : CORSAIR VS 550
STORAGE : 120 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD

Solution
Have you tried with another good working PSU to see if PC shut downs persist under load.

The 1060 is quite power-efficient and your CPU is not a power-hungry one and a good 550W would be plenty for them and rest of the system. But when it comes to PSUs quality is as important or even more so than mere capacity in watts.

The VS series are not good quality and the shut downs under load might be because the PSU is inadequate and can not handle or it might be faulty/failing.

Issues with AC wiring and outlets can cause shut downs. Also is the PSU connected to a surge protector?
" In the beginning i thought it was a heating issue so i added more fans to my PC , "

Did you actually CHECK the temps? Or did you just add fans.

Even if you did check the temps.....I would check them again with HWInfo or Afterburner.....and I would also check the voltages with HWInfo.

Many times....in my experience....when a PC crashes after a certain period of time....it's one of those two things.

And if you check them......and they are good......at least you can eliminate them as the problem.

Jul 17, 2019
" In the beginning i thought it was a heating issue so i added more fans to my PC , "

Did you actually CHECK the temps? Or did you just add fans.

Even if you did check the temps.....I would check them again with HWInfo or Afterburner.....and I would also check the voltages with HWInfo.

Many times....in my experience....when a PC crashes after a certain period of time....it's one of those two things.

And if you check them......and they are good......at least you can eliminate them as the problem.

I did all these things

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Have you tried with another good working PSU to see if PC shut downs persist under load.

The 1060 is quite power-efficient and your CPU is not a power-hungry one and a good 550W would be plenty for them and rest of the system. But when it comes to PSUs quality is as important or even more so than mere capacity in watts.

The VS series are not good quality and the shut downs under load might be because the PSU is inadequate and can not handle or it might be faulty/failing.

Issues with AC wiring and outlets can cause shut downs. Also is the PSU connected to a surge protector?

Solution