[SOLVED] PC Shutting Off Randomly

ICallHax

Reputable
Jan 25, 2015
Hello,

I know there are a lot of posts here about this topic and most of them have been solved quite easily however I have done most of the common things that could be causing my issues without finding a fix.

Basically, my situation is the following. My PC randomly shuts down into a black screen forcing me to manually have to turn it back on.

I have done the following to fix my problem.

• - Clean and re-apply new thermal paste
    - Replaced PSU with new EVGA 500 W
    - Unplugged computer from power adapter/brick and directly plugged it into wall outlet.
    - Ran prime95 for around 10 minutes and PC didn't shut off.
My specs are the following.

• - FX - 6300
    - m5a78l-m-usb3
    - Brand new EVGA 500 W Power Supply
    - 8 GB Ram
    - EVGA 750ti
    - Windows 10
At this point I have almost no idea what could be causing the issue. The shutdowns occur completely randomly, although they are most common while gaming. More specifically, when playing more intensive games such as Rainbow Six Siege.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Kraz

Solution
How old is your harddrive? A friend of me had a very old HDD and it caused his PC to randomly shut itself down and restart. The shutdowns could happen in the first 5 minutes or after 2-3 hours. It didnt matter what he was doing, just sitting on the desktop with nothing opened, Watching youtube video or playing games.

I kinda have the feeling that you could have the same issue
How old is your harddrive? A friend of me had a very old HDD and it caused his PC to randomly shut itself down and restart. The shutdowns could happen in the first 5 minutes or after 2-3 hours. It didnt matter what he was doing, just sitting on the desktop with nothing opened, Watching youtube video or playing games.

I kinda have the feeling that you could have the same issue

Solution