Question PC shutting off randomly

Oct 20, 2019
My PC shuts off randomly (Restarts to be exact) but the TEMPs are fine. In the event viewer, i get an 10016 DistrbutedCOM error.(The happens mostly while playing games)

SPECS:
Cpu-i7-7700k
MoBo- MSI z170a pro
Ram 24Gb Corsair Vengeance
SSD 222Gb and HDD 2 TB
Graphics Card- NVIDIA Gefroce gtx 1080Ti
Power supply- Radix VII AG 700W from TACENS
OS- Windows 10 64-bit

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019
Highly unlikely, extensions are usually rated well above what a PC needs. In the UK they are normally rated at 3kW.

Hmm I cannot find any reviews for that PSU and its an unknown brand, I am suspicious of its quality.

But why those the PC shut off only by playing certain games and only about some time of me acualy playing it, (those this depend on how much power the system needs to cool off the PC and that the Power supply dosen't manage to provide it ?)

The PSU is now about 3 years old and it was running pretty fine for last 2, even tho i was playing some demanding high performance games.

But why those the PC shut off only by playing certain games and only about some time of me acualy playing it, (those this depend on how much power the system needs to cool off the PC and that the Power supply dosen't manage to provide it ?)
Random shutoff/reboots are a common symptom of a psu issue when under high load. Gaming puts the whole system under high load, at times of very high cpu & gpu usage there will be peaks in required power. If the psu cannot maintain a regulated voltage under high load you can get these symptoms.

Oct 20, 2019
Random shutoff/reboots are a common symptom of a psu issue when under high load. Gaming puts the whole system under high load, at times of very high cpu & gpu usage there will be peaks in required power. If the psu cannot maintain a regulated voltage under high load you can get these symptoms.

I still dont get the fact that i was playing the same game few months back and it worked perfectly fine (with the same setup)

Might the problem lay by my BIOS version or the Errors i'm getting ?

I still dont get the fact that i was playing the same game few months back and it worked perfectly fine (with the same setup)

Might the problem lay by my BIOS version or the Errors i'm getting ?
PSU's deteriorate with age and usage, low quality psu's deteriorate raster. It could be something else but I would start by trying a different psu. That error does not seem like it would be related to reboots https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-10016-is-logged-in-windows-10-windows-server

Oct 20, 2019
PSU's deteriorate with age and usage, low quality psu's deteriorate raster. It could be something else but I would start by trying a different psu. That error does not seem like it would be related to reboots https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-10016-is-logged-in-windows-10-windows-server

i Might just found the problem, i looked at the forum again and i found a post where guys GPU thermal paste was old and they told him to change it. So i tested my GPU with FurMark and it reboted (The GPU is about 1 years old but i had some real issues when playing Witcher 3 on ultra and didnt realase my Gpu fans didnt work at high speed so my GPU reached 90C.

So im asking if this might be the actual problem (I ever lowered the games setting from Ultra to High and it just stopped rebooting.

And i guess that Shuts off was misleading becouse the PC acualy Restarts.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS