Question pc shutting off when stress testing GPU

Jun 24, 2022
okay so my psu went out and I got a new one I also installed a new gpu at the same time but now with the new gpu I can load into some games and play just fine for a bit then the pc will just shut off no errors nothing all I have to do is press the power on button and it'll boot right back up other games won't even launch just shut the pc down like the stress test very confusing

cpu:fx6350
gpu:xfx rx480 8gb
psu:evga 600gd
16gb ram

Jun 24, 2022
Could be overheating, do you need to clean the heatsink, fans ?

I cleaned everything fairly well while I was inside nothing appears to be real dirty

In fact I just put the other gpu in and everything is running smoothly and I know the other gpu is fine my friend just took it out of his build and gave it to me so I'm not sure what's going on with it

Last edited:
How’s airflow around the psu or could your new psu be faulty? I had a pc probably 15-20 years ago with the older top mounted power supply. If I ram that system without an exhaust fan under the psu, the pc would shut off the way yours is. As long as I had an exhaust fan pulling air out under the psu, system ran great. You might run the system with the psu outside the case to see if it acts better. If so then you probably need to check airflow.