[SOLVED] Pc significantly slower after upgrade

Jan 8, 2021
Since upgrading my cpu, motherboard and ram (before/after specs listed below) my pc has been quite unusable. Everything is way slower, simple programs like file explorer and steam are not responding after doing a small task. Demanding programs don’t even open.

I’ve formatted my ssd, which is a Samsung evo 750 250gb, and reinstalled windows after the upgrade, I’ve installed the amd chipset drivers, I’ve tweaked the frequency of my ram to check if that was a problem (yes the ram is installed correctly on the A2 and B2 slots). Nothing worked. The ram and cpu usage are always low and the cpu temperature does not go above 50 degrees Celsius. I’m quite stuck here so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Before upgrade specs:
  • intel i5 4460
  • msi h81m-p33 motherboard
  • 8gb ddr3 hyperfury 1600mhz
  • msi rx580 8gb OC
  • hx1200i psu (i know it’s overkill, but got it from my brother)

After upgrade specs:
  • ryzen 5 3600
  • asrock b450 pro 4
  • 2x 8gb ddr4 3600mhz g-skill ripjaws
  • msi rx580 8gb OC
  • hx1200i psu

Since upgrading my cpu, motherboard and ram (before/after specs listed below) my pc has been quite unusable. Everything is way slower, simple programs like file explorer and steam are not responding after doing a small task. Demanding programs don’t even open.

I’ve formatted my ssd, which is a Samsung evo 750 250gb, and reinstalled windows after the upgrade, I’ve installed the amd chipset drivers, I’ve tweaked the frequency of my ram to check if that was a problem (yes the ram is installed correctly on the A2 and B2 slots). Nothing worked. The ram and cpu usage are always low and the cpu temperature does not go above 50 degrees Celsius. I’m quite stuck here so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Before upgrade specs:
  • intel i5 4460
  • msi h81m-p33 motherboard
  • 8gb ddr3 hyperfury 1600mhz
  • msi rx580 8gb OC
  • hx1200i psu (i know it’s overkill, but got it from my brother)
After upgrade specs:
  • ryzen 5 3600
  • asrock b450 pro 4
  • 2x 8gb ddr4 3600mhz g-skill ripjaws
  • msi rx580 8gb OC
  • hx1200i psu
What are actual CPU frequencies under load ?