PC slow and sometimes crashes when playing gtav

AALEXX203

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2015
Hi,
I hope you can help me with my problem. I have a problem were my computer will not respond just after start up. It's like you need to give it time to set itself up. My os is on my 1tb Seagate barracuda drive though i do have an ssd but it is only 500gb and i have 300gb of games on it. I also have another problem, my temps when playing gta v get relay high (for me any way) they get to around 70-80 C and i don't mind that but the worst thing is i can hear my game over the fans! i know why they are overheating. They are overheating because they are in crossfire and the space between them are limited. I am going to ask a lot of questions so be prepared. Here are my specs

Gigabyte 970A-UD3P MOBO
AMD FX 6300 CPU
32GB HYPERX FURY RAM
X2 seagate barracuda 1tb
samsung evo 850 500gb SSD
Corsair CP-9020062-UK RM (OVERKILL I KNOW) PSU
X2 R9 270X SAPPHIRE (IN CROSSFIRE)
BITFENIX COMRADE CASE
X2 Corsair Air Series AF120-LED
BitFenix 120mm Spectre Fan
COOLERMASTER RR-H103-22PB-R1 Hyper 103 CPU COOLER

That's about it i think XD

I am also thinking of getting the new gtx 1070 and would that "fit in" with the parts i have or will it be bottlenecked?

Thanks for reading,

Alex.

Solution
Hello AALEXX203!
I would recommending dedicating the SSD for OS and putting games on the 1TB. That should improve your startup speeds a lot! Temps are expected with sandwiching 2 GPUS right next to each other but would not be worried about the temps to much. If you did get a 1070 it would be bottle necked by the CPU. Reinstalling the OS will be very beneficial as the speeds will increase.
Summary:
- Put OS on SSD and other files on the other.
- If you want better hardware get a better CPU first

Any more questions just ask!

Silly_Sam

Honorable
Jan 26, 2016
Hello AALEXX203!
I would recommending dedicating the SSD for OS and putting games on the 1TB. That should improve your startup speeds a lot! Temps are expected with sandwiching 2 GPUS right next to each other but would not be worried about the temps to much. If you did get a 1070 it would be bottle necked by the CPU. Reinstalling the OS will be very beneficial as the speeds will increase.
Summary:
- Put OS on SSD and other files on the other.
- If you want better hardware get a better CPU first

Any more questions just ask!

Solution

AALEXX203

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2015

I understand this is very old but would you recomment any amd cpus that will not bottle neck the 1070 or a gpu that is lower spec?

Silly_Sam

Honorable
Jan 26, 2016

Sorry for late reply,
If you are still looking I know there is a new AMD CPU coming out called the Ryzen which will compete with some top i7's.
There is also the FX series which has good value CPU's.