[SOLVED] PC slow to boot/shut down.

narcoleps

Prominent
Oct 14, 2018
Been having an issue with this since this morning. My pc was on rest when I went to get on it and would not come back off rest. So then I turned off with the power button. When I boot it after that it took a solid five mins to come back on. PC is running fine after booting no high disc usage or CPU spikes/drops. Then when shutting down it would not shut down. The HDD light was solid and there was power to all my peripherals and I had to shut off with the power button. Wondering if this is a windows related issue or potentially a hardware issue.

Solution
Been having an issue with this since this morning. My pc was on rest when I went to get on it and would not come back off rest. So then I turned off with the power button. When I boot it after that it took a solid five mins to come back on. PC is running fine after booting no high disc usage or CPU spikes/drops. Then when shutting down it would not shut down. The HDD light was solid and there was power to all my peripherals and I had to shut off with the power button. Wondering if this is a windows related issue or potentially a hardware issue.

Hello,

There's a chance that your HDD is dying. You should check the health of the drive by following these instructions...

narcoleps

Prominent
Oct 14, 2018
id say its windows related, how long its bin since a re-fresh?
It had been about 2 1/2- 3 days

The order of operations was. Woke up from rest mode. Would not come out of rest so shut down with power button. Then was slow to boot. Then left home and shut down had to hold power button because was suck shutting down.

Jul 19, 2018

Hello,

There's a chance that your HDD is dying. You should check the health of the drive by following these instructions:

https://www.howtogeek.com/134735/how-to-see-if-your-hard-drive-is-dying/

Solution

narcoleps

Prominent
Oct 14, 2018