[SOLVED] PC slowed down quite a bit

Feb 15, 2020
First of all my specs: intel core i5-4440
12 gb ram
1tb hdd
gt 1030 graphics card

So a day or 2 ago my pc started running very slow. I checked my task manager, and i noticed that a Service Host proces took alot of cpu usage and ram usage. Whenever I close this proces my pc doesnt go as slow as when its on. The proces takes about 8gb of ram in use. I also tried resetting my pc but it didnt work (i get and error message when i turn on my pc again). But what should i do to keep this proces closed at any time, or atleast how do i let it use less ram and cpu power? The proces turned back on as im writing this. The proces is called "Service Host: WpnUserService_3..." and when i expand the proces there there is one proces called "WpnUserService_3749b". I already tried scanning for virusses with malwarebytes, but nothing was found, also tried it with built in windows antivirus. But the proces keeps coming back. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Read the following link and take a look at the "msconfig" solution.

https://www.geeksgyaan.com/2019/04/high-ram-usage.html

Walkthrough it first without making any changes to ensure that instructions are relevant and correct for your system. Google as necessary to resolve any differences or discrepancies or differences.

Mostly to ensure that the solution is applicable to the WpnUserService issue.

You do not want to disable notifications and you should certainly avoid any solutions that involve or apply registry edits. Registry edits are a last resort and should be done only after fully backing everything up.

Also avoid third party software claiming to fix the problem. Some of them will show up no matter what problem is...

Ralston18

Titan

Walkthrough it first without making any changes to ensure that instructions are relevant and correct for your system. Google as necessary to resolve any differences or discrepancies or differences.

You do not want to disable notifications and you should certainly avoid any solutions that involve or apply registry edits. Registry edits are a last resort and should be done only after fully backing everything up.

Also avoid third party software claiming to fix the problem. Some of them will show up no matter what problem is being addressed.

Solution
Feb 15, 2020

Also avoid third party software claiming to fix the problem. Some of them will show up no matter what problem is being addressed.
Thanks man, i think this worked. If it comes back I'll try to use another option, but i have restarted my pc for a few minutes now and it still hasn't come back. Cheers.

What might have changed in the last two days?
Possibly, windows has pushed out a faulty update to you.

I think I would use system restore to reset your pc back to when all was well.
It is a good thing to configure system restore and take occasional checkpoints.

Look at your recently installed updates and consider removing anything newer than 2 days ago.

Feb 15, 2020
What might have changed in the last two days?
Possibly, windows has pushed out a faulty update to you.

I think I would use system restore to reset your pc back to when all was well.
It is a good thing to configure system restore and take occasional checkpoints.

Look at your recently installed updates and consider removing anything newer than 2 days ago.
Yeah i already tried resetting my pc. Unfortunately i dont have any backups so that wont work. I can however go back to another windows update, if that might help. I dont know why but i tried to fix the resetting error but it just wouldn't work. And about the faulty windows update, i remember a few days ago I had a windows update, and after the update my pc began acting up. So that might also be the case. But I think I have fixed it for the time being, if anything weird occurs, I'll let you know. Thanks you for your reply.