[SOLVED] PC Slowing down + Crashing on launching of any game.

the.boss556677

Reputable
Aug 28, 2017
This has been occuring for 2 weeks , I did nothing new to the hardware its been good for over 6 months now.
PC Specs:
I5-2400
GTX 1050
8 GB RAM DDR3
512 HDD
PSU is 300W

What is happening is PC is starting to slow down , and whenever I launch any game that has any graphics at all PC Either Shutdowns and restarts on its own , The screen goes to a funky color (From Green to Purple and all inbetween) or its a BSOD with no specified error.

What I did to try to fix this :
DDU uninstalled drivers and reinstalled Multiple different ones , old and new
Took GPU and RAM out and put them in again
Did Malwarebytes scan , Defragmented all drives and a windows memory check , to no avail.
Did both SFC/Scannow and DISM scans , no result.
Tried underclocking GPU , nope.
Chkdsk all drives
Monitored all usages and tempratures of RAM , GPU and CPU , Temps are at 40-60 C Max , Usages are about 50% and 3 GB RAM

This Problem happens with ALL GAMES THAT EVER EXISTED , Overwatch , Dark souls 3 , even games from 2010
Mind you , Those games used to work perfectly with hundreds of FPS , now sometimes they work with a lot of stutters and most of the time they just crash the PC.

Also they dont exactly crash on start up , they crash whenever I try to enter the game and play it meaning:
In the game starting menu , it works fine , but in dark souls 3 if I press (Continue) and it tries to load me in , boom , crash
In overwatch since There is a character in the main menu it crashes whenever that character tries to load.

Please help me , Im tired of this because this problem is really annoying. I cant play anything :(

Solution
From the looks of it, I'd say its either an old failing PSU of unknown branding or the graphics card is dying. If I were a betting man I'd say it is the former rather than the latter. For a test go into the windows power plan and make the max CPU speed 60-70% instead of 100%. For the GPU use MSI afterburner to set the power limit significantly below 100%. After that try to load a game and see if it does the same thing. If it does I would suspect the Card dying a little more but the PSU is still the most likely culprit.
From the looks of it, I'd say its either an old failing PSU of unknown branding or the graphics card is dying. If I were a betting man I'd say it is the former rather than the latter. For a test go into the windows power plan and make the max CPU speed 60-70% instead of 100%. For the GPU use MSI afterburner to set the power limit significantly below 100%. After that try to load a game and see if it does the same thing. If it does I would suspect the Card dying a little more but the PSU is still the most likely culprit.

Solution

the.boss556677

Reputable
Aug 28, 2017
The Card is pretty new , I got it 7 months ago and I was able to be playing everything completely fine , I will try your solution and inform you.
I dont think its the card and I sure as hell hope not that its the problem , This cost me an arm and a leg ;(

the.boss556677

Reputable
Aug 28, 2017
Wow , You were right , I limited the power and game instantly launched.....
Dude you a saint..
There is no way or a fix around for my PSU tho , right? I need to get a new one?