Question PC slowly but surely stops working properly.

Derekallstar

Honorable
Sep 12, 2015
Just a couple of days ago, my PC started acting strange. After running the PC for a short while, it would lose all sound, and all videos no matter what site or program I use will stop playing and just buffer for all eternity.
Going even further, all programs I try to start will never actually start or they would just completely freeze. Shutting off the PC at this state will take approx 15 min.
I had it happen to me once, but I think if I let my PC run even longer, eventually everything will stop responding, I won't be able to move my cursor, nor will any buttons register, all I can do is manually shut down.

All this started to happen when I was playing Halo 3 and using Discord to voice chat with my friend. Discord has caused some problems before, like making my game and some other programs to freeze. I totally forgot about that when I was playing games.
So anyways, while playing games, my microphone would just stop working all of a sudden, my music would stop and make a buzzing sound. Then eventually, all sound was lost. Only thing that would work was the game I was currently playing.

What I've tried to fix this PC so far:
  1. I ran the memory diagnostics tool and no problems were found.
  2. I've briefly scanned the drivers and no problems were found aswell.
  3. System checked and everyting looked alright.
  4. Did a clean install and yet the problem persists.
  5. Repair upgrade which didn't work.

My PC is old and it's missing a GPU (GPU broke down a year ago) and motherboard has a damaged memory slot, hence only 3 ram sticks are used. I'm putting my integrated graphics to use. My PC has worked fine considering the damages.

Before you say, get a new pc, I'm planning on doing that but waiting for AMD to release their oncoming projects, but I'd still like to fix this PC as it could be used for other things.
SPECS
i5-3570k
ASRock Z77 EXTREME4 ATX
Samsung SSD Pro Basic 840-Series 128GB Corsair TX 650W V2 80+ Bronze
Corsair 8GB (3x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz VENGEANCE LP Status
Corsair TX 650W V2 80+ Bronze
WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm 64mb
Used to have ASUS GeForce GTX 680 2048MB DirectCUII TOP

D

Deleted member 14196

Get driver testing software for the drives. Samsung Magician and WD utility and really test the drives.

Derekallstar

Honorable
Sep 12, 2015
So I ran the Samsung Magician benchmark and my SSD seemed to be working fine. 100% usage, 553mb/s read, 348 mb/s write.
On WD Utility, as soon as I run the tool, it immediately says ''Attach a supported WD drive''. Could it be my HDD is faulty?