Question PC slows down when multiple programs are running - Trying to figure out what's causing the slow down

rushrage

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2012
Hi guys!

I build a pc a few years ago and it's ran great! But a few months ago it has started to experience slow down. This is mostly a problem when there are multiple programs or things run - like really big pdf's, lots of tabs on chrome, etc. I'm trying to diagnose what the issue is.

The specs for the pc can be found pcpartpicker (pcpartpicker). My first reaction is that it sounds like a ram problem, but the computer has 12GB of ram (I added another 4 gb stick that's not on the parts list - but it was added after the slow down issue was prevalent). I tried to use the resource manager to look for any obvious hints - the only thing that I noticed is that the drive tends to peak and max out frequently. Is that to be expected thought for a standard hard drive?

kadBBPK.png

Is there an easy way to see if it's an issue with the hard drive, ram, or cpu? What the best way to troubleshoot and whittle down the problem? Thank you so much for your help!

Also, I wasn't sure if this was suppose to be in components or systems, so if it's in the wrong place I'm sorry :)

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS