Question PC Sluggish After Using Premiere Pro

nikomateev

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018
Hi. So I've been editing videos with Premiere for a couple of weeks now. Yesterday night i downloaded some cool transitions to make my videos look better. I could tell they're really pushing my PC to its limits. Anyways, while editing my computer froze, i restarted, it froze on boot up, restarted again and no display output. I was pretty sure my graphics card was dead, but I reseatted it and everything was back to normal for some reason. Then I went to bed.

In the morning I was back to editing again. Slow as usual. When I was done i saved my project and closed Premiere. I opened chrome to watch some videos and everything was slow, it was freezing and all of that. I wiped my drivers, but that didn't help. In cs go when i shoot i get these micro-freezes. I should mention that thru this whole process i was running a 220 mhz overclock on my gpu and 150 on its memory. I tested my pc on onboard graphics and everything was fine. I can replace my GPU which has warranty.

In short; Premiere most likely damaged my graphics card and now my pc is sluggish (mainly in programs)

Help is appreciated. Thanks

nikomateev

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018
I rulled out the issue. Its a power problem. My old PSU is most likely finally failing. Btw the card is a 750ti. I tried to play doom and i got 3 fps. It drew like 11wats max. In the middle of a furmark test the power consumption dropped to 0 and it stopped. Lets hope its the PSU

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS