Question PC smells like burning plastic

EzRa_KurLz

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2015
For some reason theres a burning plastic smell coming from my pc used it earlier in the day worked fine no smell turned it off for a couple hours and started it back up and it gave off the smell for some reason and looked it up and saw it could be the psu and motherboard I check both, both seem to be fine and the inside doesnt smell like it when i run it and open it up to see if the smell came from inside but oddly enough its stronger around my two out take fans on the top two mounts theres no cables or anything in their way nor do they have dust as I cleaned it out a couple days ago is there any reason to why it had the smell? I'm worried about using it while it continues to give off the smell

EzRa_KurLz

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2015
new motherbord can give a plastic smell but if its not new something probably is wrong.
Hey guys so I figured it out the smell came from outside turns out some guys were doing construction in my Apt and something burned, I went out to get some groceries and the smell was super strong outside so my pc just caught it while the fans were running

Reactions: helpstar