Pc sometimes beeps on boot, sometimes does nothing on boot, and sometimes works perfectly fine.

orifl1221

Prominent
May 3, 2018
Hello,

When I try to boot up my pc there are 3 things that could happen:

1. My pc starts beeping: 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps (repeated). I went to the the motherboards manual and it said that the pc doesnt detect the ram. So I tried resetting the ram, putting one type of the ram I use in the first slot and I tried putting the second type of ram I use in the firsr slot, but had no succes, when I booted up the pc it did the same thing.

2. PC does nothing on boot: some time passed after I booted up my pc and it beeped and I try to boot up again but this time when I press the power button there are no beeping, the rgb lights up, the fans are spinning, but nothing is displayed on the screen no no matter how much time I wait.

3. PC works perfectly fine: again, some time passed after I booted up my pc and it did nothing, and I try to boot up again and the pc and it powers up perfectly just as nothing has happened, but when I shut down the pc it is starts beeping again and the cycle continues.

I am not sure if it is related but about a month ago my cpu cooler died so I replaced it and the thermal paste about a week ago.

The issue started 4 days ago.

I have asus P8P67 PRO motherboard, 2 * 2 gb G.skiil ram (both are 7 years old, also not sure about the exact model or clock speed)
1 * G.skill 8 GB DDR3 1333Mhz PC3-10666 (have been using it for 1 year).