Question PC sometimes doesn't power on, and SSD disk usage at 100%

May 6, 2022
Hello, as the title says, my pc started to have some serious problems in the course of the last 6 weeks. For your information, i built this PC during october of 2021, and all is new with the exception of the HDD and the video card, and none of these components gave me any problem so far (or as far as i know). The issue begun when my SSD started to work at 100%, with constant freezes and absurd boot times (3 mins or more), and even at the user log in, the computer freezes as if i was overloading it. I checked every connection and watched every online tutorial about solving the 100% disk usage, but even so, the problem didn't solved. For that reason, i reinstalled windows 10 from 0, thinking what it could be a kind of virus, and it worked for a few weeks, but after that, the problems with the SSD started again, and not only that, because the computer started to doesn't power on sometimes, with no light or sound on the motherboard or any other kind of signal, so i'm clueless now, because i don't know what else to do.

The components of my computer are these:
-SSD 1TB 2.5 inch SATA3 Super Talent TeraNova
-Motherboard: MSI B560M PRO-VDH Socket LGA1200
-EVGA 600W BQ BRONZE 80+ SEMI MODULAR
-RAM (I have 2 of these): DDR4 8GB 3200MHz Geil Evo Potenza Black, UDIMM, CL16, 1.2V (NA0000054714)
-CORE I5-10600KF 4.1GHZ 12MB LGA1200
- Video card: MSI NVIDIA Geforce 1050ti (4-5 years of use)
-HDD Seagate 2TB (5 years of use, now i only use it as a secondary disk to have music, photos and some games)

I hope someone can help me, cuz' idk if in my ignorance i'm missing somethin'. Sorry for my bad english, btw.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When you state reinstalling the OS, where did you source the installer from? I'd advise on recreating your installer to root out the chance of your installer being corrupt or perhaps too old. BIOS version for your motherboard? How are you cooling that processor in your build? often times 100% disk usage regardless of what storage device you're using when at S GUI, idling, is a sign of memory leak which is actually a corrupt OS. Reinstalling the OS is the only solution.

May 6, 2022
For the OS, i used an USB with the installer, and then i bought a license for windows 10 pro. I cool the processor with an
Alseye Cooler Disipator O120z Amd/intel.
For the Bios ver., i assume is one of these two: E7D18IMS.100 or
American Megatrends International, LLC. 1.00, 01/03/2021 (i checked directly from the bios and then from the system information, i hope that helps).

TRENDING THREADS