[SOLVED] PC sometimes doesn't turn on, GPU fans are running at high speed but no display, also occasionally crashes, usually after sleep mode ?

May 24, 2021
I have my PC for around 7 months now and from the beginning I had issues with startup. I thought it might be how I built the pc but I have no clue. The PC sometimes, around 40%, doesn't start and just the lights are on (sometimes not) and the GPU fans spin rapidly. In the beginning it also crashed every time I opened a game and got a green screen, but after amd updates that has been mostly resolved (only happened once after the updates). It is a custom build pc and the parts are as following:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Motherboard: AMD Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE
  • GPU: VGA Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT AORUS 8G
  • Power supply: Corsair PSU RM5650
If there is any other info you need to know, I will post it.

If someone had this problem and might know what the cause and fix is, please let me know. It has been annoying me for a while and I would really like to get this fixed. Thanks in advance!

(I have seen other posts and unfortunately I have no way of testing parts individually in another computer.)

Solution
So your bios is currently at F-11. The latest bios for your motherboard is up to F-34. Most of the update is for the newer cpu's but it also says for improved system stability. If you know how to update your bios, you could try that to see if things smooth out. But if you are not confident on installing bios, don't. Have a shop or a trusted "techy" friend do it for you.
So your bios is currently at F-11. The latest bios for your motherboard is up to F-34. Most of the update is for the newer cpu's but it also says for improved system stability. If you know how to update your bios, you could try that to see if things smooth out. But if you are not confident on installing bios, don't. Have a shop or a trusted "techy" friend do it for you.

Solution
May 24, 2021
I see, I will look into it! Thank you very much.