[SOLVED] PC Sometimes goes into frozen sleep mode when attempting to wake it

zmihlrad

Reputable
Nov 20, 2018
Hey guys,

Have an issue going on for some time now and cannot get to the bottom of it.

Home built setup, one day started having issue where when I wake the computer up, the screen will go black and show that its in standby mode (power light goes from blue (on) to amber (sleep) and the reset button on the tower stops working as well.

The only way to restart the machine is to hard reset by holding the main power button.

I've turned off fast boot as one possible thought of the cause and that didnt fix it either. Made sure im fully updated as well. Its extremely frustrating.

It doesn't always happen, id say a solid 50% of the time though lately.

Setup is as follows

ASRock Z390 Extreme4
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Intel Core i7 8700 3.7ghz
32g Ram
8gb RX Vega 64 card
Rosewill Hive 750w PSU

I made sure everything is updated in the system. Made sure all hardware is seated properly on the board.

Considering the tower reset button stops working im guessing its not graphic or monitor related.

THANK YOU i hope someone has some idea what to do.

Solution
Do you have anything USB plugged in, like an external drive? Sometimes these can stop a PC from walking. Same thing for an internal spinner that is failing (the system is waiting for it to spin up). Might need to check the power connection, might need to run some hard drive tests.

Do you have an extra drive? If so, run a fresh install of Windows 10 on it and put it to sleep over and over and over. If the problem doesn't come back, it's a software issue.
Do you have anything USB plugged in, like an external drive? Sometimes these can stop a PC from walking. Same thing for an internal spinner that is failing (the system is waiting for it to spin up). Might need to check the power connection, might need to run some hard drive tests.

Do you have an extra drive? If so, run a fresh install of Windows 10 on it and put it to sleep over and over and over. If the problem doesn't come back, it's a software issue.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS