Question PC Sometimes shows display, sometimes doesnt

Dec 19, 2020
Hello there!

I've built my PC 2 years ago.

Here are my INTERNAL HARDWARE:

INTEL I5 9600K
GIGABITE RTX2070 SUPER
4X 8GB CORSAIR RGB RAM
CORSAIR CARBIDE CASE (came with 2x 120mm RGB CORSAIR fans)
Asus Prime Z-390A motherboard
Sound card + wifi/bluetooth card
1TB SSD NVME
650w 80bronze PSU

Hooked up to it, i have:
1x external HDD
1x Logitech G403HERO Mouse (RGB).
1x Hyper X Quadcast Microphone (RGB)
1x 32inch 2k 144hz LG monitor
1x 4K 55INCH TV (set to 1080x1920 60hz)
1x razor RGB Headset stand (RGB)
1x Hyper X Keyboard (RGB)

Here is my problem: My displays will power up only 1/4 times when I power up the computer. (Sometimes i need to fiddle with the computer for some time to make it to finally boot and show my display.)

Here is some info:

- There was water that spilled on top of the pc, falling on the wifi card + GPU + PSU Shroud. The PC crashed when it happened. I've manage to clean it up and it works (sometimes) but i'm pretty sure the first display port of my GPU has fried.

- My PC will ALWAYS start with the inside RGB turning on. Sometimes, the PC powers up but no USB gets RGB + no display. Sometimes there is only no display but RGB all lit up and sometimes it works fine.

- I wonder if the 650 PSU is good enough for my 2070RTX + all the stuff i got plugged in my pc... Could this be the problem?

How can I make it work properly again? I am getting inconsistent results as it sometimes work and sometime doesnt...

Help :(

UPDATE

When I power the PC, the VGA LED Lights up on my mother board. When I boot it, it goes from red, to orange, then stays white. Dont know if its normal or if its always been like that?

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2020
I wonder if you have some internal water damage? I think that would be the reason it has trouble working half the time. Perhaps its the power supply that is bad from the water damage and not the rest? You can use your 650 power supply as the 2070 needs only 550 for most systems. Some persons are only using a 450 power supply for their 2070.

Dec 19, 2020
I wonder if you have some internal water damage? I think that would be the reason it has trouble working half the time. Perhaps its the power supply that is bad from the water damage and not the rest? You can use your 650 power supply as the 2070 needs only 550 for most systems. Some persons are only using a 450 power supply for their 2070.

Hey there! Found out that the graphics card is not showing up in the Device Manager. Also there is this solid White light next to "VGA" on the mobo, so I guess its fried fried :( water damage is unforgivable :(

Dec 20, 2020
Hey there! Found out that the graphics card is not showing up in the Device Manager. Also there is this solid White light next to "VGA" on the mobo, so I guess its fried fried :( water damage is unforgivable :(
Unfortunately i think its dead. Perhaps you can replace it or get your money back? I hope so.