[SOLVED] PC sometimes won't boot, DRAM Light Orange on Motherboard

Mar 19, 2021
Hi, I built a new PC about a year ago and I never fixed this issue. I was hoping you guys can provide guidance to fix this issue.

This issue has been happening since day 1 after I completed the build. 50% of the time, the PC will just boot up without any issues, and 50% of the time it will not boot up and I will see the DRAM light on my motherboard. For the past year, I will just keep rebooting my PC until it boots up, usually takes 2 to 3 times. I have 4 RAM sticks. I do not believe the RAM stick is faulty because when the PC is booted up, I can see that the PC read them.

I’ve tried:
Putting RAM into different slots, 1 at a time and 2 at a time

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) ATX
GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC 8G
Memory: Samsung 970 EVO SSD 500GB - M.2 NVMe
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz
PSU: EVGA 750 GQ, 80+ GOLD 750W, Semi-Modular

Solution
Just to whittle out the usual suspects, are your drivers/BIOS up to date? And is your RAM seated in slots A2 and B2? (2nd and 4th slots) You said at first you have 4 RAM sticks then in your specs you list 16gb (2x8GB) ?
Mar 19, 2021
Just to whittle out the usual suspects, are your drivers/BIOS up to date? And is your RAM seated in slots A2 and B2? (2nd and 4th slots) You said at first you have 4 RAM sticks then in your specs you list 16gb (2x8GB) ?
Thanks man! I just updated my BIOs and the issue has been resolved. I have been able to start my PC without any issues for the past 2 days.

Reactions: kurdtnz