Question PC sometimes won't wake up from sleep mode ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2021
I built a new PC with these specs:

Asus rog strix 570x crosshair viii dark hero
Ryzen 9 5900X
rtx 3080
trident neo 32gb 3200 14cl,
1000w corsair gold 80+ psu,
2 x 980 Evo Pro NVMe SSDs (1tb and 2tb)

The problem i came across is sleep mode, sometimes my pc will go to sleep, the power button will be flashing, and the ram rgb will stay on, at that point whenever i try to wake my pc up it wakes up just fine, but sometimes when i turn it to sleep the power button doesn't flash, and the ram rgb is off, and it won't wake up from sleep when that happens. I cant even turn the pc off by holding the power button at that point, it just seems like a 50/50 chance to be able to wake it up. I dont know how to fix it, anyone know?

Oct 18, 2021
Found a solution? I am fighting with the same problem.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...working-ROG-Crosshair-VIII-Dark-Hero&p=845246

Last edited:
Found a solution? I am fighting with the same problem.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...working-ROG-Crosshair-VIII-Dark-Hero&p=845246

Xairoo --- it's customary on these forums to start your own thread when you need help, not "hijack" an existing thread.
The thread-starter wants to see posts which can help him, not posts from others with a similar problem.

Oct 18, 2021
Well, posting solutions multiple times on X sites isn't also great.

In the meantime I posted a solution for this problem and linked from other boards to bundle the informations. I don't want to post the solution to all boards/threads.

Also... the thread started has posted his question in other forums too. Who cares.
Feel free to delete my posts and my account too. Thanks.

Reactions: MasterBlaster22

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Sleep isn't just sleep. Sleep is just a name for the 6 stages of power saving states. When the pc first goes into sleep, that's C1, it's barely more power savings than idle. As time goes on, the pc drops to lower states, until it reaches C6 which is the lowest power state possible. If you left your pc on long enough, you'd probably see the RGB on the dimms shut down too.

So you'll need to check your bios to see what sleep/low power settings are set there, and check your windows power plan settings/advanced to see what's set there. Also make a note of what USB are plugged in, there's multiple reports of some items, everything from joysticks to game pads that don't adhere to standards, and that can affect wake. Sleep should be just that, sleep, not hybrid or hybernation which should be totally disabled (that's for laptops, windows is cross platform and pc's don't have a lid to open) and anything to do with battery savings as pc's don't use batteries.

Oct 13, 2021
Yea ever since I posted this I've tried different RAM, i've messed with the power settings, have tried ErP, issue is still present, most of the time pc wont wake up from sleep or even shutdown, whenever i take out the RAM and place it back in it fixes it for like a day and then it goes back to mostly not waking up

Oct 13, 2021
My problem is when I put my pc to sleep/shut down, either of those there is a chance it does what it's supposed to, and a chance to not. with sleep it either sleeps or shuts down completely and i cant power it back on, with shut down it does the same, shuts down completely but i cant power it back on, and it seems to be random when it happens or not

Oct 13, 2021
is it possible the MB power cable is the reason? everytime I take the RAM out for testing to see if I can fix it, it ends up being fixed for like a day before it stops working, and I happen to move the cable when I do this test.
20211027_132846.jpg

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Or it might be the 24pin socket, there's a lot of force with that 90° thick bend you got there. See what happens if you pull that cable back under the shroud a little. You may have to physically bend the wires one at a time, laying them down, start with the ones underneath.

Status
Not open for further replies.