Okay so this just happened to me: I have an extension cord which the PC is connected to and to that cord is connected another extension cord. The extension cord #2 got cut and there was a spark at the place of the cut and suddenly my PC turned off and now it's whistling like a kettle. Any ideas what happened?
Okay so I had a laptop charger connected to the 2nd extension cord (the damaged one) and nothing happened to it and the laptop.
My PC specs are:
PSU: Thermaltake Berlin 630 80 PLUS
CPU: Intel I7-4790
GPU: Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97M-HD3
HDD: Some toshiba 1TB HDD
SSD: Samsung EVO 860 500GB
How should I check what's broken and what isn't? I don't have any test rig or any other component to swap rn
Also would it be safe to boot the system just to check if it boots? That whistling really makes me anxious
I'm back and I bought a new PSU (Corsair TX750M) and I installed it, I see the same symptoms, no signal, doesn''t gets post POST and also the GPU fans are not spinning (which is worrying as I just bought the GPU a month or so ago) but the LEDs of the gpu are still in working condition (sapphire rx 580 nitro+ for reference). What to do you guys think? Should I prepare to spend a small fortune on a GPU or would it be the CPU?
I just tried that and guess what, it works, I also tried the GPU in another PC and the same happens. I'm trying to get an RMA right now but most of the time the RMA doesn't cover electrical stuff like that but I still have hope