[SOLVED] PC Sparked (seeking for advice..)

TheKerangMan

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
88
1
18,645
3
This morning when i turn ON my pc there's a 'sparked' sound and entire house went blackout! Since i have an opened air case.i had a glimpse that it came from the hard disk area.. Turn ON the house power main board and we have our lighting back. I plugged out and in back my pc power socket at the psu evrything works as usual! I tried playing some games for half an hour and seems everything back to normal.. BUT i'm not really satisfy with it.. What shall i do? My casing is a matx and yes it's quite 'packed'.. I just bought this non modular psu last few months - FSP HydroGD 650W Gold. Please anybody..What shall i do? Thanks in advance!

my current specs:
AMD R5 3500X
Asrock B450M Pro4
RTX 2060
2 x 8GB 3200MHz T-Force Delta RAM
Patriot Burst 240GB (OS)
SP NVME M.2 1TB (Games)
WD Black 1TB (Games)
WD Blue 500GB (Mixed)
FSP HydroGD 650W Gold(Non Modular)
 

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Disassemble the pc in the area of the HDD and give everything a Very thorough examination, any wiring, the back of the mobo, the frame, anything and everything.

Where there's a spark, there's a scortchmark, a welded spot, a burn. Something shorted out, so it's only a matter of time before that open contact reapplies itself.

The entire house power went out? That's a lot of juice. Normally it'd be the one breaker circuit the pc is plugged into, which being residential is often plugs and lights for 1 or 2 rooms.
 

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Disassemble the pc in the area of the HDD and give everything a Very thorough examination, any wiring, the back of the mobo, the frame, anything and everything.

Where there's a spark, there's a scortchmark, a welded spot, a burn. Something shorted out, so it's only a matter of time before that open contact reapplies itself.

The entire house power went out? That's a lot of juice. Normally it'd be the one breaker circuit the pc is plugged into, which being residential is often plugs and lights for 1 or 2 rooms.
 

TheKerangMan

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
88
1
18,645
3
The entire house power went out? That's a lot of juice. Normally it'd be the one breaker circuit the pc is plugged into, which being residential is often plugs and lights for 1 or 2 rooms.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply,i've been busy to get back to u more earlier.. Yes,to be honest i got cringy about it..but so far everything is just fine and good! I'm still waiting for a friend an electrican to come over for some inspection.. I've checked my best on all the component's temperature and stuff but couldn't find any abnormal error/marks.

I've made a decision,the best thing i can do now is looking for a better casing with spacious room for components and cable management(sadly i'm still looking forward for matx though)
Thanks Karadjgne,really appreciate your advice!
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY