PC speakers dont work after using usb headset

waynedoh

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
Hello,

My speakers used to work on my HP desktop. After using a USB headset wwhich still works on the PC, the speakers no longer work. The speakers do work on another computer. The HP Windows 7 computer says no audio detected and the speakers are not found under Manage Audio Devices and the Sound Video and Game Controllers is nowhere to be found under Device Manager. Speakers and volume are on and pugged in correctly. Any ideas?

Assuming you did not uninstall the onboard audio drivers, you should simply have to go to the control panel -> Sounds tab, and select Speakers as the output device.

If the speakers are not listed, then the onboard audio drivers might have (somehow) gotten uninstalled. If thats the case, re-install them.

waynedoh

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011

Speakers are not listed under Sound. But would the headset still work without onboard audio drivers?

Yes. USB audio devices are technically their own soundcard, so they will work even if no onboard audio device is installed. Its sounding more and more like a driver problem to me.

twister886

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2013

Thank you! Helped me talk with headset while using PC speakers!