Question PC spontaneously shut off and now DRAM LED is showing on motherboard ?

Feb 17, 2022
I got my first PC a couple months ago and have had no problems up until now.

I loaded everything up as I normally do, began to play and all of a sudden after 10 or so minutes the whole thing shut off (fans still going) and then the dreaded 3 beeps sounded and now DRAM LED is showing on my motherboard.

I have raked out my graphics card, ram and the little silver disk underneath the graphics card, but it back together and the same issue and now I’m stuck where to go from here as my PC knowledge is very limited. I’ve read that it might be a power supply problem but I feel like a 750w should cover that

Specs:
Processor (CPU): AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard: ASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2. PCle 4.0, CrossFireX)
Memory (RAM): 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2x 16GB)
Graphics Card: 10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st Storage Drive:
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB
CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive: 1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
Power Supply:
CORSAIR 750W Tm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD. ULTRA
QUIET

I got my first PC a couple months ago and have had no problems up until now.

I loaded everything up as I normally do, began to play and all of a sudden after 10 or so minutes the whole thing shut off (fans still going) and then the dreaded 3 beeps sounded and now DRAM is showing on my motherboard.

I have raked out my graphics card, ram and the little silver disk underneath the graphics card, but it back together and the same issue and now I’m stuck where to go from here as my PC knowledge is very limited. I’ve read that it might be a power supply problem but I feel like a 750w should cover that

Specs:
Processor (CPU): AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard: ASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2. PCle 4.0, CrossFireX)
Memory (RAM): 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2x 16GB)
Graphics Card: 10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st Storage Drive:
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB
CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive: 1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
Power Supply:
CORSAIR 750W Tm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD. ULTRA
QUIET
could you try to update the bios to the latest with just 1 ram? or use bios flashback feature (might need to take cpu ram and gpu leaving motherboard powered for flaashing)

Feb 17, 2022
even after a cmos reset it just wont pop out? unplug the power cord from wall socket, then take off the cmos battery, then push and hold power button for 11 seconds and put it all back together to see if it even boot.
It boots but still no display, everything is powering on but the DRAM is still beeping and showing an orange light

Feb 17, 2022
Weird. Who told you that?
was just people having similar issues and what everyone else was telling them.

However even weirder, ive been messing around with the placement of my sticks of ram and found that when there is only one stick in the 3rd slot, it boots up like normal with aa display, but when there is another stick of ram in any other slot it doesnt, both stick of ram work like this.

Any ideas?

was just people having similar issues and what everyone else was telling them.

However even weirder, ive been messing around with the placement of my sticks of ram and found that when there is only one stick in the 3rd slot, it boots up like normal with aa display, but when there is another stick of ram in any other slot it doesnt, both stick of ram work like this.

Any ideas?
test it with another ram. and test your ram in another system.

Feb 17, 2022
test it with another ram. and test your ram in another system.
I sadly only have the 2 sticks and dont have another system to test them either.

Both work when either are in the 3rd slot and it boots up like normal, however when they are both in at the same time, no matter the slot, i get the DRAM error

Feb 17, 2022
it's never be a common thing, but might give it a try in hopes that i would happen, since this similiar problem happened in my friend's b450m steel legend.
Update: So I got home, took apart everything again and tried the 2 just in case and still the same, booted it up with just the one Stick of RAM and booted it in BIOs, wasnt sure where to go to update so rather than messing around with settings i just booted it up completely.

I then had the random idea to try putting them in the 3rd and 4th slot and it worked, im not sure why, i was always told that you need to put them in 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 for the ram to work, but its working now i guess, best not to question it. any idea what couldve gone wrong for this to happen? if not no worry, thanks for your help and time either way.