Question Pc stabilty issues is it ram?

Jun 17, 2023
I've recently built a new pc. All parts from amazon and they were all sealed and brand new. after building the pc and a few tests I have noticed after some while the pc just slows down and theres stuttering everywhere even with sound and ingame fps just drops to below 20 all while expo 1 is disabled because it doesnt even run properly. on some occasions aswell the keyboard mouse and pretty much all usb connected devices freak out and keep disconnecting and reconnecting. after enabling expo I can use the pc for a bit before it stutters a lot and crashes. But i was wondering if the issue is with the ram kit itself or something else with the pc? because it seems to me the issue is present in both the expo profile and the default one (just more prominent during expo) either way makes the pc unsuable.

my specs are

windows 11 pro
ryzen 7 7700x
b650 aorus elite ax
Thermalright peerless assassin 120
g skill x5 flare 32gb (2x 16gb) 6000 CL32-38-38-96 1.35V
crucial p5 plus 2tb
rtx 4070 ti aero 12gb
MSI MPG A850G PCIE5

I did notice after building that the ram kit is listed in the compatiblity site of the motherboard, just different speeds and timings specifically 5600 and 36CL but mine isn't

I've recently built a new pc. All parts from amazon and they were all sealed and brand new. after building the pc and a few tests I have noticed after some while the pc just slows down and theres stuttering everywhere even with sound and ingame fps just drops to below 20 all while expo 1 is disabled because it doesnt even run properly. on some occasions aswell the keyboard mouse and pretty much all usb connected devices freak out and keep disconnecting and reconnecting. after enabling expo I can use the pc for a bit before it stutters a lot and crashes. But i was wondering if the issue is with the ram kit itself or something else with the pc? because it seems to me the issue is present in both the expo profile and the default one (just more prominent during expo) either way makes the pc unsuable.

my specs are

windows 11 pro
ryzen 7 7700x
b650 aorus elite ax
crucial p5 plus 2tb
rtx 4070 ti aero 12gb
MSI MPG A850G PCIE5

I did notice after building that the ram kit is listed in the compatiblity site of the motherboard, just different speeds and timings specifically 5600 and 36CL but mine isn't
Is your BIOS up to date ?

Apr 14, 2023
I don't think there's much you can do besides update the Aorus to the latest BIOS. The RAM kit is very decent. My experience with the all-options-onboard Gigabyte boards is that they're often not a good fit for fast RAM. B650 also seems to be much lower value for AM5 than B550 was for AM4. A budget X670 maybe?

To eliminate ram as an issue,

Run memtest86 or memtest86+
They boot from a usb stick and do not use windows.
You can download them here:
If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

Running several more passes will sometimes uncover an issue, but it takes more time.
Probably not worth it unless you really suspect a ram issue.

Jun 17, 2023
I don't think there's much you can do besides update the Aorus to the latest BIOS. The RAM kit is very decent. My experience with the all-options-onboard Gigabyte boards is that they're often not a good fit for fast RAM. B650 also seems to be much lower value for AM5 than B550 was for AM4. A budget X670 maybe?
I did update to latest version but no fix

Jun 17, 2023
To eliminate ram as an issue,

Run memtest86 or memtest86+
They boot from a usb stick and do not use windows.
You can download them here:
If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

Running several more passes will sometimes uncover an issue, but it takes more time.
Probably not worth it unless you really suspect a ram issue.
I ran about 4 hours of memtest86 and there were no errors. I still don’t know what the cause of this issue is and it’s frustrating I can’t use my new pc

I ran about 4 hours of memtest86 and there were no errors. I still don’t know what the cause of this issue is and it’s frustrating I can’t use my new pc
Seems like ram is not the issue.
What is the make/model of your case, and how are the fans arranged?

Stuttering is caused by a temporary lack of a critical resource; commonly cpu.
To check for thermal throttling, run hwmonitor.
If your cooler is mounted well, you should see some 15-20c. over ambient when idle.
If you see 85c. in red while gaming, it means your cpu has throttled and slowed down temporarily.

my specs are

windows 11 pro
ryzen 7 7700x
b650 aorus elite ax
crucial p5 plus 2tb
rtx 4070 ti aero 12gb
MSI MPG A850G PCIE5

Did you do a fresh install of the OS, or are you reusing a disk with the OS already on it? Assuming you did a fresh install of the OS, did you follow that up with installing all of the drivers for your motherboard?

Jun 17, 2023
Seems like ram is not the issue.
What is the make/model of your case, and how are the fans arranged?

Stuttering is caused by a temporary lack of a critical resource; commonly cpu.
To check for thermal throttling, run hwmonitor.
If your cooler is mounted well, you should see some 15-20c. over ambient when idle.
If you see 85c. in red while gaming, it means your cpu has throttled and slowed down temporarily.
I checked all temps everything within normal range. Gaming was in the 60s sometimes 70s , gpu doesn’t break out of 50

Stress testing the cpu yielded about 85-90c but I’m told it’s normal for the Ryzen 7000s

My case is Lian Li o11 air mini, 2 front intake fans a large air cpu cooler and a single fan at the rear to suck the air out

Pretty sure temps are not an issue

Jun 17, 2023
Did you do a fresh install of the OS, or are you reusing a disk with the OS already on it? Assuming you did a fresh install of the OS, did you follow that up with installing all of the drivers for your motherboard?
its a brand new m.2 I made 3 partitions and installed windows 11 on partition 1

I used gigabyte control center to update all the drivers of the mobo then downloaded and flashed latest bios ver