Dec 31, 2011
Hello, i have the following pc configuration for about 1 year:

AMD Athlon x3 450
ATI HD 5670
MB Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2
Sirtec ATX-410-212
Win 7 32 bit Home Premium
Kaspersky antivirus

The problem appeared a couple of days ago, while I was playing Skyrim.
It started to lag pretty badly, even on the lowest settings. I would have understood if it was lagging from the begining, probably my pc couldn't handle the game, but the strange thing is that it was working just fine before, no lag, constant fps (above 30 on medium settings), now its like 10-15 fps.

I have this problem with all of my other games too, games that worked perfectly before.

I'm pretty pissed off right now, i've tried dusting my pc, scanning for viruses, updating my Windows, updating my drivers, defragging; i've also tryed replacing my psu with a higher power one, but didn't change anything.

The temperatures are fine, the graphic card does not pass 60* and my cpu stays at around 40-50* (in game).

I would be very grateful if someone could help me.

uzborg950

Honorable
May 30, 2012
i've had the exact same problem. The funny part is , i have the ati hd5670 too. I've tried every single method possible. i was about to consider getting a new power supply because my current one is kinda cheap but seeing U also have the problem , i guess i've saved a few bucks :D anyway. this problem needs to be looked upon!

remove some of the apps you have installed. remove any unused services. reduce the cpu workload and clean the registry...
then switch KiS over to gaming mode when you play as it may be scanning your files as the game loads em, reducing the fps and hdd speed in the process.