pc started to restart after entering a game - power surge

angardia

Reputable
Oct 15, 2017
suddenly in middle of a game, my pc went on a restart.
i got this msg - power supply surges detected during previous power on. asus anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable supply unit

ufoAcBH.jpg

KieiL5s.jpg

1GEWSjh.jpg

this is the result.
what should i do?
can this be power supply issue? or my CPU is must be replaced?

Solution
While you could *also* have a power supply issue, it's not what would cause those terrible temperatures on your CPU. Next thing to do is check the fan on the cooler and if the heatsink is still properly attached. In any case, I'd probably get an aftermarket cooler like a Cryorig H7 and just install that fresh.

Then, if you're still having issues with more normal temperatures, it'll be time to replace the PSU.

angardia

Reputable
Oct 15, 2017
My cpu cooler was the intel one that came with it when i bought.
When im not in game - cpu is at 50c
The moment i open browser its 60.
When i start dead by daylight - 90-95 and pc restart

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
While you could *also* have a power supply issue, it's not what would cause those terrible temperatures on your CPU. Next thing to do is check the fan on the cooler and if the heatsink is still properly attached. In any case, I'd probably get an aftermarket cooler like a Cryorig H7 and just install that fresh.

Then, if you're still having issues with more normal temperatures, it'll be time to replace the PSU.

Solution
Oct 3, 2018
I think it is a PSU related issue. A bad PSU can result errors on your computer. Also, try checking your power supply for it can be the reason that causes power surge.