Question PC started up by itself after switching it on at the plug socket ?

Boboy_

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2015
Helo, after I woke up this morning I turned on my pc plug at the socket and suddenly the pc started up by itself. Other components didn’t run only the aio and case fan. No display, no mouse and keyboard didn’t even light up either. Also, the on/off and reset buttons on the case don't work.
Any idea what’s causing it?

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Are you shutting the system down before turning of the socket?

PSU may have last state logic and turn itself on, but the motherboard will certainly have last state logic and if the system was shutdown, but the PSU still running, that might explain it.

I assume the system still works if you kill the power with the PSU switch? If so, you just need to give it a proper shutdown and try again.

Boboy_

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2015
Are you shutting the system down before turning of the socket?

PSU may have last state logic and turn itself on, but the motherboard will certainly have last state logic and if the system was shutdown, but the PSU still running, that might explain it.

I assume the system still works if you kill the power with the PSU switch? If so, you just need to give it a proper shutdown and try again.

Yes i shut down it.
I off the switch at PSU and the pc straight turn off. I cant shut down properly because all of the button doesn’t work.

TRENDING THREADS